Thursday, July 15, 2010

So many miles to go…

Sitting in class most days, I feel like I’m learning so much!  Then there is a day like today.

My conversation teacher was sick and so we were put into another class close to our level.  They are studying animals, awesome!  We haven’t done that yet.  So the teacher reads a story about a man who lives on a farm.  I understood the whole story (and by the whole story, it was short, a first grader could have written it) in context, but I could not have told you for the life of me what animals it was talking about.  When you don’t know, you really just don’t know.  It doesn’t matter how many times she repeats it, you just don’t know.

Then there was a real life scenario today.  We know how to do a lot of things now.  Ask where something is at the store, take a taxi, ride the bus, shop at the market, etc.  But today I went with a friend to return clothes at the mall.  Umm… yeah… I got nothing.  I didn’t even know which verb to use to say we needed to return something.  Response: “Porque”  Umm… I don’t know how to say she got it home and changed her mind so before I could figure it out, Courtney just said “its too small”.  Not really true, but way easier to say.  Yeah… we still have a lot of Spanish life skills to acquire.

1 comment: