Monday, July 12, 2010

“Por amor de su nombre”

“For the love of Your name!” – rough translation from Psalm 23:3

In our Bibles it says “For his name’s sake” but I think I like this new Spanish translation better.  It just makes it real.  It is because I LOVE the name of Jesus, because it is precious to me, because it is worthy of my worship and because I want to lift it high.  That is my motivation for life and missions and fighting sin and doing what is hard.  Obedience is hard in the Christian life.  But when I am really trusting that what God has for me is best, then I am free to obey because I know that it is good for me and glorifying to Him.

Another favorite verse of all-time…
Psalm 119:32 “I run the path of Your commands for You have set my heart free!”

2 comments:

  1. Shannon I am enjoying reading about your life in Costa Rica. I am insanely jealous of your opportunity to learn Spanish. I too love reading the Bible in Spanish. Did you know that in Spanish "to hope" & "to wait" are the same word, "esperar"? Just think about the spiritual implications of those words being the same in scripture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this... and you! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete