Friday, July 16, 2010

And I love Costa Rica…

I have bronchitis.  Shocker.

I guess you can’t escape your life norm even if you move to a new country.  With all the rain and changing temperature and such, I guess it was inevitable.  But the great news is I don’t have a fever.  For those of you who don’t know… when I get a fever I’m totally out for the count and I cry all the time.  Awesome.  So… no fever means I’m still functional, YAY!

So, why does this make me love Costa Rica.  Well this afternoon I walked into the corner Pharmacia with all my Spanish I would need to say written out (thanks to my teacher) and to my delight, the man spoke English!  So, I told him my problem and that I wanted Zithromax.  $18 later I was out of there and headed home to get  better.  So easy.

2 comments:

  1. i get the same way when i have the flu - bawl my eyes out unless my mother is sitting right beside me. so when we're living together let's hope that you never have a fever and I never have the flu at the same time... that could be quite entertaining.

    and i'm sorry you have bronchitis - that's really awful. get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry you are sick girl - but glad you got it taken care of :-) I guess you will be going back to that pharmacy - where was it?

    ReplyDelete