Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wednesdays

On Wednesdays I’m tired.

There were some wise people when I first moved here who told me that I couldn’t do it all and be everything to everyone and that there is no way that I should live full-time in the house with the girls.  And those people were right.  Because I’m the errand runner, rule enforcer, mom, friend, aunt, money provider, and the one with a car… its just a lot.  So Tuesdays I’m at PDE all day doing one-on-one times, guitar lessons, bead buying, grocery store run, school supplies buying, cooking, etc. and so forth.  So by Wednesdays I’m tired :)

But I love Tuesdays.  I had a fun English lesson with C and she learned to say. “I love jello, we love jello, they love jello, W loves milk.”:)  She is so motivated.  She loves learning anything and everything… cooking, guitar, English, jewelry making, etc.  She eats it up.  And she told me this week that she loves devotional time even though for the first three days she didn’t pay attention, but just watched the clock and thought the time would never pass.  Awesome that the Lord is teaching her to love His Word.

Y is doing great in beauty classes.  She is learning a lot and yet not overwhelmed… she was afraid she wouldn’t be able to keep up.  She had read something in Scripture Monday that she had lots of questions about and it led to a really cool conversation about the affects of sin on relationships and families.  But it was a joy to give her the hope of the Gospel that when we know the Lord and offer forgiveness and grace to one another the same way that the Lord does for us, our relationships can look different and we don’t have to repeat our family history.  For her this is a huge thing and really the first really deep conversation that we’ve had. 

And the babies are great.  I love getting in my snuggles with them.  I think the girls think its funny how much I love to love on their babies, but I do.  Its good for my heart :)

No comments:

Post a Comment