Friday, February 3, 2012

Strange and Vunerable

A friend sent me this in an email last night…

“We are such strange and vulnerable people.  No wonder we need Jesus.  We pray for something so hard that we believe is His will.  He opens the door.  And we are gripped with fear...”

It’s the truth.  I have had moments this week after opening Puerta de Esperanza where I have been SO fearful.  I just realize how much responsibility this is and how much work there is to be done.  This is not an overnight process.  It takes time and patience and money and fund-raising.  More than anything it takes faith.  God has been faithful, He has shown that over and over again.  And I trust that He will continue to be faithful.  But in the middle of the night when I wake up with a thousand questions in my head, it is hard to see the truth for the lies. 

He has answered every prayer, provided in ways that I didn’t even even think to ask for.  Of course He is carrying us through. 

I am a strange and vulnerable person.  I can admit that.

1 comment:

  1. Keep holding on to His truth friend!!! He does, He takes care of us and of them, they are His precious children too. We worry and He is just there holding our hands and wispering that He has not forgotten, that this is His and we just need to rest in Him and His promises. Love you and thanks for sharing because I feel like I am there with you!! Hugs to you, the girls and the precious babies!

    ReplyDelete