Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Continual learning

Today I was supposed to be teaching Y how to take the bus to and from school.  And then I took the wrong bus.  Whoops!  I tried to play it off that I took her on that bus on purpose so that if she ever did it on accident she would know what to do… but no one bought it :)

Moments like this remind me that the Lord is using a broken vessel to do His work.  How ironic that I am the one that is teaching them how to use the public transportation system when I’ve had a car to drive since I was 16.  And I’m teaching them about how to cook and eat cheaply when I love expensive things like cheese and low-fat peanut butter.  God certainly does have a sense of humor.  The good news… we ended up walking home (a rather long way), but talked and laughed the whole time!

100_0665In other news we went shoe shopping today.  This experience left me wanting to apologize to my mom and ever other mother of a teenage girl on their behalf.  Its not very fun.  Y has NEVER owned a NEW pair of shoes in her life!?!  So of course they are stiff and will hurt your feet at first and I’m sorry about that… but you still have to pick a pair!  The babies are probably at home screaming and Dona Oneyda is probably pulling her hair out… so… pick some shoes already!  4 stores and a 2 for 1 sale later we had success.  And we came home to this sight…  looks like they did fine without us.

 

 

 

The other day I learned to make pupusas – basically a corn tortilla with cheese in the middle = delicious!

100_0663

Tomorrow I’m having a lesson on how to make pan de coco – coconut bread :)

An idea is brewing for a possible way to give the girls jobs and a way to support this ministry all at the same time.  I’m praying and thinking and processing through it this week… so please pray for that.  It would be something I’ve never done before… shocker.  That is my life these days :)  Its called living miles outside of your comfort zone!

Tomorrow I think we’re making heart-shaped cupcakes and celebrating our house full of girls.  The four month old boy doesn’t know yet that he is terribly outnumbered!

No comments:

Post a Comment