Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Trip and a Birthday

True confession.  I hate driving to Belfate.  This is where the children’s home is that C and Y both lived in before coming to Puerta de Esperanza.  Its 20 minutes on paved road and the 40 minutes to go 11 miles on the worst gravel road.  It’s a long trip and I’ve made it a lot in the last couple weeks.

But today I make it for the last time, at least for awhile.  I’m going to pick up C today to bring her HOME to Puerta de Esperanza.  She has lived out there for a year, so I know this will be an emotional day for her.  Please pray for her as she says her goodbyes… there are 34 kids in that home and they are really going to miss her and her son as well. 

Tonight we celebrate Y’s birthday.  I think it’s the first time in awhile that she has gotten to celebrate.  She is REALLY excited!  I have a bright pink piñata, a cake, and a new Bible all ready for tonight.  Please pray that she will feel loved and special to us and more importantly to the Lord.  Some of the people who will be working with us our coming to celebrate, including the pastor of my church here.

Busy day.  But a good one :)  And hopefully I’ll remember gas this morning before we get to the middle of nowhere…

No comments:

Post a Comment