Tuesday, November 2, 2010

And then we had a party

Today just seemed to be “one of those days” for a lot people around here.  I’m not sure why… maybe because of the rain, maybe because we’re tired, who knows?!?  I stopped by Kristy’s house on my way home and found a handful of kids and a group of people desperately in need of a party.  So… what else can you do?

Impromptu party!

I only wish I’d had a camera :)  Elijah went with Louisa and I to get pizza.  Micah and Jonah blew up balloons.  Taylah slept (that’s about the most helpful thing a three month old can do!)  And Matt came and rescued us on our rainy walk home.  Together with Kathy and Jeff and guacamole, it was a great party and so good for the heart!

One of my favorite parts was singing the blessing with the Messick kids.  We sang the “amen” song and then when you pointed, everything had to say something they were thankful for!  We were thankful for family, pizza, God, grandkids, rain, friends… and I think we can all agree we were thankful for our party:)

The Lord answers prayer.  That’s all I can say.  Before this trimester I prayed for the Lord to give me families as friends.  And tonight I felt again that prayer being answered.  I was telling a friend about this the other day and she gave me this verse.

"A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land." Psalm 68:5-6

What an amazing promise!  God knows exactly what we need, and He WILL provide for us.  I cling to that.  Tonight I’m thankful for a God who knows me and loves me and gives me family wherever I go!

1 comment:

  1. And we are SO thankful you've become part of our family! xoxo the Messick Crew

    ReplyDelete