Sunday, November 7, 2010

Surprise

Okay, I know it.  Three blog posts in a row is too much.  I understand.  And I would be sorry, but I have to share.

Today I went white water rafting.  Super fun!  And also, because its low tourist season, much cheaper than normal.  It has rained all week and the river is full, so it was fast and fun :)

I get home… tired, sore, and ready for food and bed to find out that we are having a party at my house!  I debated going out to join the party fun, that I was sure would turn to karaoke at some point.  And we haven’t done karaoke in awhile, so I would have been sad to miss it.  Plus, I correctly assumed that if I wanted dinner, I would have to go join the fun.  So I showered, got dressed, and headed outside.

I was surprised to see people I haven’t met before and find out we are celebrating someone’s birthday.  Awesome.  So, when the birthday girl gets up to go to the bathroom everyone goes crazy.  Oh yeah, her boyfriend was proposing!  She comes back from the bathroom and he is on his knee with a ring.  It was precious.  And yet another Costa Rican first.  Actually, I’ve never been at anyone’s proposal, so it wasn’t just a Costa Rican first!  And then I got invited to the wedding :)

It was really fun, very sweet people, and of course, birthday cake and karaoke!

No comments:

Post a Comment