Monday, November 8, 2010

Pad See Ew

Last week in my conversation class we had to give a presentation about a type of food that we like and then explain a recipe for one food in particular.  I talked about Thai food, because I LOVE it!  And then I looked up a recipe for my favorite dish, Pad See Ew, thinking it would be really difficult.  Well… great news… it’s not!  And the recipe came complete with youtube video.  So I was inspired.

Last week I bought the stuff and last night I took over Melissa’s kitchen to adventure with this new recipe.  As I was cooking the dinner crew kept growing until I was feeding Melissa, Anita, David, Joaquin, and me.  I kept telling them it might taste terrible, so not to get their hopes up.  But thankfully, it was delicious!

YUM!!!  Of course it was not quite the same as my favorite Thai restaurant at home.  I had the wrong noodles and didn’t use a variety of soy sauces like it calls for.  But we didn’t really mind.  I loved eating every bite :)

If you decide you want to make it yourself, check out this website…

http://www.shesimmers.com/2010/06/pad-see-ew-recipe-how-to-make-pad-see.html

2 comments:

  1. We love Thai food too :D and we just may try this! So, what is your favorite Thai restaurant "back home"??? We may try that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try it! Thai Villa in Cary at South Hills. Its delicious!

    ReplyDelete