Monday, November 22, 2010

I wish I had a picture

This blog post would be so much better with a picture.  But in the midst of the excitement I decided to just enjoy myself rather than rushing back to find my camera.

Today I got to see friends from home, and oh what a joy it was to my heart!  Cary Christian School’s senior class was here in Costa Rica doing a mission trip and today I intentionally ran into them downtown at the market.  I didn’t know exactly when they would be there or if I would get to see them at all, so I went to hang out with Ericka and just waited ‘till the masses arrived.

When the market started swarming with teenagers I went in search and found Nikki and William and Elliot!  There was lots of hugging, maybe a little screaming, and just a lot of joy.  It was so good for my heart to hug Nikki and hear about her trip and help her buy souvenirs at the market from people who I can honestly say are my friends.  And I got to help Elliot buy stuff for his sisters while he helped me pick out good brother presents for Christmas.

I was so encouraged about my Spanish because last time I saw Nikki she was teaching me and this time I was translating for her. 

There wasn’t time to catch up on life or have a heart-to-heart… but I loved it none the less.  What a blessed taste of home!

All that to say… I wish I had a picture…

No comments:

Post a Comment