Monday, November 15, 2010

Headlamp to the Rescue

Today the power was out for no apparent reason.  Our house is dark anyway, but when you take away the lights, its ridiculous.  So, I was sitting outside doing my homework and squinting at the paper as the sun went down.  Eventually I gave that up and started playing word games on my itouch.  Then Josefa brought me a candle… back to homework.  Okay, nevermind, that’s impossible.  Finally when Josefa asked if I had batteries, I was fishing through my room and spotted it…

My headlamp!

It was the hit of the household.  I looked ridiculous, but at least I could see.  Josefa wanted to know where I got it. :) 

In the midst of the darkness, I was cold and needed to put on pants, so my grey sweatpants won the prize b/c they are the ones I could find in the dark.  They went great with my grey tshirt I was wearing.  In college when I would do this Krissie called me the grey monster and it’s a habit I outgrew when I left college.  Well, until today.  So please picture the grey monster with a headlamp.  Ridiculous.  Fine, the lights were off.  Well, of course Ariel brings a friend over and the lights come back on catching me in the midst of my crazy look.  She probably thinks I dress like this all the time.  But I swear it isn’t true!

1 comment:

  1. I really wish you had taken a picture, haha. And was this the same friend of Ariel who saw you in sweats and a dress? :)

    ReplyDelete