Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Grace

“Grace is a power that lifts you out of the domain of darkness and transfers you to the domain of light.  Grace is God’s magnificent power erupting in your heart and soul by His own intervention so that you move from death to life, from darkness to light, from hell to heaven.  Grace is power that is embodied in a person.” – Joseph Ryan

I cannot even begin to list the ways that I have seen God’s grace at work in the past year.  I have seen girls really start to walk with Jesus.  I have seen the Lord giving them new spiritual life and hope for a new physical future as well.  This is the season of graduations here in Honduras and to see Y and Jeffri graduate, to me that is grace.  It is a sweet gift that the Lord has given them to know a new future.

Yesterday Y told me that every one in awhile she stops to think about what her life would look like if you had never come to PDE.  There are so many things that she wouldn’t know… but mainly, she wouldn’t know the Lord the way she does and she wouldn’t have hope for her future.  Praise the Lord for that.  He has given her new life, light, hope.

I’m a person who likes to be busy, I think life is kind of boring any other way.  But right now it’s a little too much… I can’t seem to find enough hours in the day.  And I’m convicted that I haven’t taken time to reflect, to think about grace, to praise the Lord for his work in my life and the lives of people around me.  Grace is being played out in practical form before my very eyes and some days I miss it.  God is erupting in my heart, He has moved me from death to life, from darkness to light, and I haven’t taken much time to contemplate that, to thank Him for it.  So today I will.

Jesus, the very Son of God, came to us to show us grace embodied in a person.  He showed us humility, service, obedience, mercy… and He made a way for us to know His Father.  Because of Jesus I can rejoice today and say that grace is exploding in my life that I am no longer a slave to sin, but I belong to the family of the true and living God!  And God didn’t stop there, He put me here with a front-row seat to how He is changing the lives of others and the power of His grace and Gospel in their lives as well.  I’m so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment