Friday, November 23, 2012

Lake Norman

IMG_8974This is quite honestly one of my favorite places in the world.  There are a lot reasons, but I think it centers around the fact that here I feel so at peace.  I love the water and being able to wake up the morning, look out my window, and see the lake.  My memories here center around family, games, good food, holidays, and enjoying each other’s company.  This year my grandparents are talking seriously about moving.  I know that one day they will have to, but it makes me so sad to think about it.  Maybe this is when it sinks in that I really live overseas and don’t get home much.  I will probably be able to count on one hand the number of visits that I have left to this house.  I hate that.  I want many more sails, many more canoe trips and picnics on the island.  I want to bring my kids here and teach them how to do all these things that I love.  But its probably not going to happen.  So until then I will just be content to soak it all up and enjoy this time. 

IMG_9047IMG_9093

If you’re wondering… the Innes family may be the only family left on the planet that still plays croquet with great regularity.  And we’re mean about it.  Seriously.  This is a real sport people.  And we sail, as often as possible.  The little boat in the summer when its okay to get wet and the big boat in the winter when you hope to not get splashed because its November and its cold outside.

IMG_9133IMG_9230

And then there is this… nothing like it.

IMG_9263IMG_9289

No comments:

Post a Comment