Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Update #1

I think she said a total of about 20 words.  But Jennifer and I agreed that in her position we would probably be the same way.  She is nervous and doesn’t trust us yet and isn’t ready to put herself out there.  She is 18 years old and 5 months pregnant.  She is living with her family and doesn’t know what she really wants in the future.  She was finally able to tell me that she wants to keep pursuing the opportunity to live in PDE, so we’re going to get together again in January.  I want to meet her family as her parents seem to be supportive, they just don’t have the means to provide for her.  She wants to be a doctor!  So we’ll have to look into job possibilities in the medical field if she ends up coming… maybe a nurses aid? 

I love that people at church know her and have known her for awhile.  I love that this is a picture of the Lord’s pursuit of her as He continues to use the church to provide.  I love thinking that we could show her some continuity in life.

So no one is making a decision today.  But please pray for her over the next few weeks as she has time to think and pray.  She told me today that she is a Christian and that she would pray.  So lets join her.

No comments:

Post a Comment