Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Walk to school…

Hey… Here is a just a little picture of my life here. 

IMG_4942

 

 

Me in front of my house.

 

 

 

 

IMG_4943

 

These are all pictures of my walk to school.  It’s about 5 minutes and two turns from my house.

 

IMG_4944

IMG_4945

IMG_4946

IMG_4947

 

These are pictures of school and the view of the mountains when it’s not raining… which is only in the mornings until about 1pm.

IMG_4948

IMG_4949IMG_4950

Today was a great day.  We did lots of good stuff in class and then some of us went on a walk to find a store and such.  It was good to get around and find out where things are.  Very freeing.  After awhile I went to Laura’s house (the girl on the right in the picture above) to study with her.  We didn’t study much, but we spoke a lot of Spanish.  There are two little girls at her house, 3 and 5 years old.  They are so cute and fun and her host mom invited me back anytime, which is super fun.  So… I loved it.  Then I came home for dinner and actual studying :) 

The Lord has been really faithful and reminded me today that He provides for me and that this experience really is going to be good.  I haven’t been nearly as lonely today, which is such a blessing.  I’m thankful that my Spanish is improving and little by little I’m getting more confident to try and use what I know.  I even found myself speaking  Spanish to an English speaking store owner just to practice!  So… its coming! 

3 comments:

  1. love all the pictures shannon! and so glad everything's going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad girl! And who are your teachers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Erin... teachers are Rita and Ana Silvia. They are terrific!

    ReplyDelete