Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mas Amigos!

Toy Story 3 en Español.  So good.  I have no idea what 80% of the dialogue was about, but that’s okay.  The movie has great and I enjoyed every bit of it.  That means it was really a good movie :)  Tonight I went with a group of American and Tico friends to see the movie.  We even had kids with us, which makes everything more fun!  I am dying to be able to speak Spanish better to communicate with people, but I’m getting there.

A friend at school introduced me to a Tica friend who is awesome.  She is mom to a 4 year old precious little girl and so patient with my broken Spanish.  I would love to get to know her better.  This picture is our small group heading out to meet the others at the mall…

SDC12352 

Back row: Paul, Kata, Abby

Front row: Mary Katherine, Nikki, Laura

 

Here’s another picture of some school friends from earlier today…

IMG_4974

 

Abby, Paul, Abby, Laura, Courtney, and Wes

 

 

 

I braved taking my camera to school today… which I won’t do often.  But it was fun to get some pictures to show you all what life is like here a little bit.  I put more up on facebook of the school and city. 

Its hard to believe I’ve been here over a week.  My Spanish vocabulary is expanding rapidly, but I still get so lost and confused and can’t understand any native Spanish speakers speaking to each other.  But I’m starting to be able to talk to my host mom a lot more, which is such a blessing!

Thanks for all your prayers…

1 comment:

  1. God is answering your prayers and fast! :) So glad that you are feeling more comfortable overall and that words are coming easier. It is so refreshing that you have patient native speakers to converse with. It really helps move the process along.

    ReplyDelete