Thursday, July 14, 2011

Home

I really do have two places to call home. 

I am so unbelievably blessed.  I felt so loved and encouraged last week to be in NC where things are easy and familiar.  So many people came out to hear about what the Lord is doing in Honduras, and I just felt loved and supported and covered in prayer.  And I need that… more than you know.  So thank you.  And I felt at home.  I felt like I belonged.  My incredible family is there and my best friends and my church family.  It is easy and it is home.

And then there is Honduras.  And I would never call it easy.  In the 2 days of being back I’ve been attacked by man-eating sand fleas that have made my legs look like a mountain range, I have discovered car problems I didn’t know I had, things have broken, things have taken longer than I’d like, I haven’t been able to communicate well, etc.  But this is home and I love it and I’m so glad to be back.

The Lord has given me an unbelievable love for this place and these people.  And he gives me so much joy here.  I have a purpose every day and I get to see the many ways that the Lord is moving in the lives of people.  I love that.  I’m falling in love with children here and I want desperately for them to walk with Jesus.  I don’t always know how to communicate that.  But the Lord is doing it, He is moving in their lives and I get glimpses of it.  And He’s letting me know them and build relationships with them and get to talk to them about the Gospel. 

I missed it while I was gone.

All that to say… I have decided that I’m not going to choose a place to call home.  I’m just going to have two.  And I think that is just fine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment