Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Guitar

Today I taught guitar lessons for the first time. I say that very loosely b/c it was more like playing pass the guitar as every kid wanted to have a turn.  But it was so fun!  I translated “I am a C, I am a C-H” into Spanish b/c its only 2 chords.  We just sang it over and over again for every kids to have a turn playing.  And then the little kids just strummed while Becca played the chords.

Needless to say… I loved it.

IMG_6398

P7191014

Also, I got to lead some songs and activities in kids club.  We did trust falls with the kids.  Honestly, this is a big deal.  These kids have huge trust issues, mainly the older kids.  And some of them wouldn’t even participate.  But it was fun to watch their faces when they trusted you and got to see you come through for them.  What a picture of the faithfulness of God that we want them to know and believe!

IMG_6403

No comments:

Post a Comment