Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Another goodbye

Goodbyes are the worst, officially. 

Last night I said goodbye to my brother Jeremy who has spent the last 8 weeks here in Honduras with me.  I have enjoyed having him here so much and for so many reasons!  We’ve had adventures together, we’ve processed through a new culture, we’ve laughed and worked and just hung out.  Its been a joy!  I’m really sad that he is gone… :(

I’m so thankful for my family.  I’m thankful to have a mom and a dad who love the Lord and taught us the Gospel from an early age.  And I’m thankful to have 3 adult siblings who are walking with the Lord and support and encourage me.  And I’m thankful that we’re friends.  For as much fighting as we did as kids, we grew up to be close friends and that is a great thing.

Jeremy isn’t necessarily a kid person, but I think the Lord is trying to change that in him:)  He did an awful lot of hanging out with kids this month and they loved him.  And he played a lot of guitar and taught some lessons.  He translated in clinic and his Spanish improved a ton.  And he mixed concrete with the best of them.  Basically he is just awesome and did whatever needed to be done.

Jeremy… we’re going to miss you around here.  Come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment