Wednesday, June 8, 2011

more than pictures

Some of these children are stealing my heart.

I’m serious about that.  I love that I can actually communicate with these kids.  Not fluently, not even always well, but we can joke around and really talk to each other.  And I’m getting to know their personalities.  I can tell when their feelings are hurt or when they are being sarcastic.  I’ve met one girl who is about 14 who just cracks me up.  We love joking around with each other and laugh constantly when we’re talking.  They love getting special attention and ask me if I remember their names (which I don’t always yet, but it will come).

Every face has a personality.

I’ve gone on lots of short-term missions trips, I have pictures of lots of little faces from lots of different places.  But I’ve never gotten to really know them until now.  And it really is amazing to get to see glimpses into who they really are.  And I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment