Friday, June 3, 2011

La Musica

This weekend we are hosting a theological conference in Armenia Bonito.  This is a great time for nationals to come and learn more about Scripture.  Many of them have not had much opportunity to dive really deeply into the Word.  It makes me so grateful for all the youth groups, summer camp, conferences, solid preaching, etc. that I have received.  I mean, honestly, the list goes on and on to the point that at times in colleges I really didn’t want to go to another conference b/c I had been to so many.  What a privilege that I took for granted, just being taught the Word of God.

This weekend Bill is here from the MTW office to share and to teach.  Its been such a blessing. 

Also, I was put in charge of the singing and prayer times.  So I enlisted my brother Jeremy to sing and play, Bethany to sing, and Leo to play the conga drum.  Yep, he’d never played on a drum before, but he did great!  Oh, and the national pastor jumped in on the drum set at the last minute as well.

I was a little nervous before-hand because I had to introduce everything in Spanish and lead the prayer time in Spanish.  I told Bill that he was my panic button and if I forgot every Spanish word I knew I was just going to call him up and we’d just pray for a long time.  :)  But it actually went well for a first time and I don’t think I’ll be quite as nervous tonight. 

Please be praying for the people who are coming to the conference.  We would really love to see the Lord break the chains of works righteousness and allow these people to really know and experience His life-changing free grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment