Saturday, June 18, 2011

Blown Away

After team #1 came through we had some time off before hosting our second team of the summer who arrive today!  We’re so excited about this team from Gainesville, FL who will be working with us this week!

Since we had some down time I decided to take the advice I’ve been given and enjoy the fact that I’m going to live near one of the coolest reefs in the world for the next couple of years.  Scuba diving has always terrified me, the whole breathing under water thing just didn’t sound very safe.  But there is a great deal out on Utila to get your basic training, so Jeremy and I headed out there to try it out.  We both really loved it, although I think he loved it more since he hasn’t come back yet :)

Aside from having some good brother/sister time, I really was blown away by the whole experience.  I just keep coming back to being totally in AWE of a creator God who put every detail into place.  So many things that I haven’t ever seen and don’t even know exist are working together in perfect unison to maintain a beautiful and well-designed creation.  When you go underwater you see a whole new world.  And its such a small glimpse… I look at coral and I only see what’s going on on the surface and big enough for my eye to see.  I see small fish that form a cleaning station to clean bigger fish and know they have to work together to get the job done.  Its just amazing all the details.  And to think that God spoke all this into existence by His very words.  It truly is a miracle. 

So today I am reminded of the Lord’s power and creativity and His unmistakable goodness to let us sneak glimpses of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment