Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine’s Day

Although Valentine’s Day is not my overall favorite holiday of the year… it has one very redeeming quality. 

My dad isn’t really a card writer… we used to joke with him that we could write 6-10 cards in the span of time it takes him to write one.  But I think its because he cares so much that he wants to say what he means and it takes time to think of exactly how to put it into words.  But because he doesn’t write often, it makes it all the more special when he does.  And every Valentine’s Day for as long as I can remember I have gotten roses and a hand-written card from my dad.  And it means so much to me.

I remember the first year I was in college I was a little sad that I wouldn’t get roses on Valentine’s Day… but don’t worry, one of my friends hand-delivered them to my room with a card from my dad.

Well this year he and my mom outdid themselves and managed to surprise me with roses from countries away.  When I went to hang out at the Messick’s house tonight little Micah came out with roses in his hands for me.  I love it.  Card from my parents, but written by my dad of course, and hand delivered by friends.  That’s a good Valentine’s Day.

Thanks mom and dad!


1 comment:

  1. Oh Shannon,
    How touching!!! You've got a wonderful Dad & Mom!

    ReplyDelete