Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Thankful for friends

Today my heart is just full and I’m thankful for my friends.  The Lord is overwhelmingly good to me to put people in my life who love me, encourage me, and point me back to HIM.  I was so sad leaving the US nearly 8 months ago because I was walking into the great unknown.  I came to Costa Rica not knowing a soul in the whole country.  And now I find that I am going to be sad to leave because the Lord has provided in ways that I would not have thought possible. 

He has given me a place within families here, a sweet group of women who study the Bible with me, exceptional classmates, game playing friends, cooking friends, friends who let me use their kitchens, high school girls so that I don’t forget where I came from, friends who speak Spanish, friends who speak English, friends that are 2 years old, friends that have mentored me, and friends who love to travel and adventure.

But most of all I am thankful for the friends who just understand my heart.  They understand what it is to be a mess and not have all the answers all the time.  They understand how sweet it is to know the grace of God in Jesus and they point me back to knowing His goodness and forgiveness and freedom.  I know that what I crave is to be truly known and truly loved and the realization of that desire comes only in knowing Jesus.  But isn’t it sweet to get a taste of it in friendship?


No comments:

Post a Comment