Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A letter

Dear subjuntivos…

It looks like I’m stuck with you.  But that does not mean that we are friends.  Today you made me cry at school.  I don’t like that at all.  Tonight you are eating up my whole evening with your silly conjugations and “rules” with exceptions.  How can something even be called a rule when it has so many exceptions and special cases?  I’m tired of you, seriously.  I’m really sad that you are such a necessary part of my life.  Can you please start being a little nicer to me?  We’re going to spend a lot of time together… maybe we could try to get along.

With regards,
Shannon

4 comments:

  1. ps subjuntivo- if you could be a little more gentle with my friend Kristy, she would appreciate it, too. And she doesn't really want to use "quisiera" with that sentence, because hopefully it is not an impossibility...

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so feel your pain and well...yes I have only learned rules 1, 2, and 4 and I am going to go crazy...I think that a law should be passed that everyone learns another language starting in K5 and then we will not even have to think about this in the future...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. we were introduced 7 1/2 years ago and we still are not friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's what I finally decided about subjunctives - I picked out the ones I would use a lot - learned those, and kind of let the others go quietly by...

    ReplyDelete