Saturday, February 12, 2011

8 months

I missed the actual date, but yesterday marked my 8 month mark of living here in Costa Rica.  Can you believe it?  I honestly cannot.

Its incredible how my mindset towards living here has changed over time.  I went from feeling like a fish out of water to really feeling like this is my home.  I went from being able to say “where is the bathroom” to actually being able to have a conversation.  And I went from not knowing a soul in the whole country to seeing the Lord provide great friends and fellowship.

It has been quite a journey.  And just one more step along the way to getting to Honduras.  “Many the miles…”

It is going to be bittersweet to leave.  I am planning to be in Honduras before May 1, so I have some more time to enjoy Costa Rica.  But its hard to think about saying another set of goodbyes when I have started to think of this place as home and these people as family.  I’m so thankful for the Lord’s provision.

I wanted to write a clever list of 8 things about CR.  But I just don’t have it in my at the moment.  Maybe later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment