Saturday, October 23, 2010

Stats

Bad news. 

I just found out that I can check the stats of how many people read my blog and where they are located.  Honestly, I had no idea that I cared until I could check it.  And now I’m just curious.  Who reads my blog who lives in South Korea or Denmark or the Philippines?

I’m not sure this is a good find.  I’ve been writing because its good for me, its good processing and I want people to be able to share in my life here.  I don’t want to start worrying about how many people read it or if I’m being funny enough or clever enough or have enough excited things to share.  I don’t want to always be checking it and wondering why people read it but don’t leave comments (except that blogspot does not make it easy to do that!)  So I think I’m going to try to forget that I know that information exists and go back to writing in complete ignorance :)

I will say this though.  I was talking to a friend the other day and we decided that the non-bloggers of the world need a little reminder.  It’s possible that when you read our blogs and hear about our lives that you feel connected to us, which is great!  Maybe it even makes you think, oh I miss them!  Well… just throwing it out there that just because you know about our lives doesn’t mean that we get to know about yours.  And we’d LOVE to :)  So shoot an email every once in awhile just to let us know how you are.  And when you have those moments of “oh, I miss them”, let us know that too.  Sometimes we feel like life is moving in warp speed at home without us there and we’re getting lost in the shuffle.  We know its not true in our heads, but some days it gets the better of us.

Thank you for reading this blog, for caring about my life and what I’m doing.  The Lord has called me on a crazy journey of obedience.  Some days its mundane and normal and not adventuresome at all and I don’t know why you would want to read about it.  Some days I just can’t believe that this is my life and I’m blown away by the adventure and newness and confusion and overwhelming nature of it all.  But on all those days the Lord goes before me and is leading me every step of the way.

2 comments:

  1. Totally relate! I might just have to copy and paste your post to my blog someday (I'll give you the credit for writing it though!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you & your smiling face:( And I LOVE to read about what you are up to!

    ReplyDelete