Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pleasure

Today I was studying about finding pleasure in the LORD.  Its interesting because twice in the last 2 days I’ve been reminded of John Piper’s thoughts on Christian Hedonism.  Basically its the concept that we were created to find our GREATEST joy in the Lord.  So, when we are seeking the Lord and abiding in Him, we are actually seeking our own greatest pleasure.  I love this.

Saint Cyprian (200-258) 127 wrote:
”It is a bad world, an incredibly bad world. But I have discovered in the midst of it a quiet and holy people who have learned a great secret. They have found a joy that is a thousand times better than any pleasure of our sinful life. They are despised and persecuted, but they care not. They are masters of their souls. They have overcome the world. These people are the Christians - and I am one of them.”

You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore. (Psalms 16:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment