Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Goodbyes are Never Easy

Its been a little over a year since K and O moved in with us.  It has been a tough year in a lot of ways for this girl.  She has really struggled to unlearn a lot of things from her past and relearn a new and different way to live with people and raise a child and put forth her best effort.  There are days where she is the sweetest and most dear girl I have ever met.  She can be so service oriented, works really hard in school, and turns out is very naturally talented at sewing.

But those old habits are hard to kill off and the desire to just run back to what she has always known won this time.  After a hard year of fighting with and for her, this morning K moved out.  I went and picked up her mom and had a chance to just talk to her about the things that I think K has learned and how she has grown and changed.  I got to share about her gifts and how I feel that she can continue to use them.  And then I also shared about the hard things, the biggest struggles for us with her and how I hope that her mom will still fight to be her parent and really teach her the things she needs to know and learn.  I hate to see her struggle with being so defensive and so angry and I pray that in this time out of the home God will continue to soften her heart and grow her into a humble girl who loves Jesus with her whole heart.  Can you pray that with me?

She wrote me a sweet note that I will treasure forever.  She is truly thankful for the chance to live with us and really thankful for each and every one of you who support us who made the time at the home possible for her.  She is already regretting her decision in some ways and yet stubbornly holding on to it in others.  She promised to try to keep going to class and make a better future for herself and her son.

I will be trying to keep in touch with her because she didn't go far :)  I am just praying that God will do miracles in her heart and that I will get the chance to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment