Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Good conversation

It was just supposed to be a time for her to learn my name...

Lyssa has had her eye on this girl for a few weeks.  15 years old and 4 months pregnant... she lives with her family, but its rough situation.  Others on our team have had their eyes on this family because of malnutrition, suspected abuse, drug use, and other issues.  You can tell that K is a tough act from the first time you meet her.  I met her about a year ago one day when she was just hanging out with Lyssa, but we didn't know that she would remember me.

I sat down next to her this morning while she waited for her ultrasound.  I made some small talk, asked her about her baby, work, life, her family... and we chatted.  You can tell she wants someone to listen.  Her friendship with Lyssa has been off and on because of her off and on personality, but you can tell that she respects her a great deal.  As we got to talking I shared about Puerta de Esperanza.  I wasn't going to... Lyssa was going to bring it up in a few weeks whenever it seemed natural because she was pretty sure the conversation wouldn't go well.  But as I shared about where I work and what we do, I didn't make it about her, but she said, "I would like to live in a place like that".  Really?  Would you?  

She brought her mom over, we chatted and we'll continue to chat some more.

Please pray for K as she potentially could be our next girl at PDE.  Pray that she has wisdom and really makes a clear-headed decision.  I know that she is a hard personality, both from stories, and because she told me this morning :)  But honestly, I love that up-front honesty so much more than someone who misbehaves when no one is looking.  These are the girls that steal my heart and I want so badly to see God work in them.  After she told me that she can be terrible to her mom and gets angry really quickly I was able to share with her that I believe that God changes us from the inside out and that she needs Jesus before she will be able to stop her anger.  She listened.  I would love for her to one day know Jesus! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment