Monday, July 30, 2012

Regroup

Today is a day for regrouping.  No one is in crisis at the moment, all is relatively calm, and I’m ready to re-evaluate where we are and where we’re going.  I really want to get back to the basics and ask the Lord what He wants to teach each of these girls separately about Him as well as together.  They are doing devotions in the morning and studying through the basics of the Gospel.  But there are specific things that I want them each to learn.  That’s discipleship right?  Knowing each of them well enough to know their weaknesses and work to show them that Jesus wants to be a part of every part of their lives, even the parts that they aren’t quite ready to give to him yet.  I think we’ll be doing studies on pride, forgiveness, and grace.  I’m still praying through it, so pray for me to have wisdom about this.  We’ve had so many changes and adjustments with a new house mom and I’m not spending nights there anymore and sometimes they feel really jealous for my time.  So pray that the Lord will show them that HE is the one that they need… not me, not the house moms… just Jesus.  And pray as we move forward that they would know more of the Lord and be prepared for life ahead as they grow and learn and start to seek Him on their own.  We desperately need your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment