Friday, July 20, 2012

Encouragement

Last night Y & J spent the night here with me.  We went up to the dorms to see the visiting pediatrician, who happens to be from Columbia and speaks Spanish as her first language… awesome!  Y has been so worried about J having health problems and it was really good for her to just sit down with Gina and be assured that everything is fine and J is growing up really healthy!

At dinner she was telling me about their church small group last week and how the leader was talking about personalities and character and asked her to describe me (I wasn’t there).  She said she told him I was always angry, punished her for everything, and never did anything fun.  Then after I told her, “okay I’ll be like that from now on then, since that’s what you think :)”, she told me it was a lie.

She said some really sweet things, but the thing that stuck out to me the most was that she said, “Susana says yes and it means yes and no and it means no.  I know she wants what is best for me.”  Wow.  I’m so thankful that is how she sees me.  I feel like there are days when I am crazy and all over the place and running here and there being anything but consistent.  But I believe that one thing they desperately need people who love them enough to be honest with them, tell them no sometimes, and more than anything be consistent.  I have been praying that they will be those kinds of moms themselves, and I’m so thankful that the Lord is allowing them to see that in me.  Praise Him for it.

Please pray for Y in particular.  She has some really great days and she is growing like crazy.  But at the same time she still struggles because this new life is unlike anything she has ever known.  She is constantly threatening to run away and has moments of really deep sadness that she won’t and maybe can’t talk about… we are fighting for this girl to know Jesus in a life-changing way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment