Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Final Days of the Pit

This is my optimistic side writing today.  I made the decision this week that the frustration and emotional wear caused by my dear red Ford Escape is just not worth it and I hope that we will soon be parting ways.  Thursday afternoon the car managed to have two separate and unrelated car problems that both ended up with me stranded on the side of the road.  Enough is enough.  It is so far from reliable.  So I’m going to try to sell it.

Upsides:  It has lots of new parts!  Since last May I have replaced the alternator, the fuel pump (twice) and filter, refilled twice with Freon and then finally replaced the AC compressor and fixed the leaks, the shocks, the thermostat, the wheel bearings, the break pads, 2 belts, 2 radiator hoses, the battery, the tires, rebuilt the engine, fixed electrical problems, and repaired a radiator leak.  By the end of next week it will have a new front windshield and new paint job on the side with scratches and the wrong color red paint.

Downsides: I have poured more money than I want to remember into this ridiculous car and gone into debt doing so.  I’ve put off selling it for so long because I don’t want to have to start again with tags and fees and tires, etc.  I just kept thinking… surely this is the last thing that will break.  But I think its time although I still don’t have any money, I think in the long run I will save money.

As you know from my fundraising for a car the first time, MTW doesn’t do cars, so all of this comes out of pocket.  I will probably not be able to get a new car for what I will sell this car for, since I can hardly recommend it, although it is full of new things!  So I guess I’m asking you readers to prayerfully consider helping me upgrade to a car that is safer and more reliable.  If you are interested in supporting me in this way, know that it cannot be tax deductible, but you can donate to me by giving cash or a check to my mom or mailing it to her at

Darcie Innes
1338 Falkirk Ct.
Cary, NC 27511

No comments:

Post a Comment