Friday, July 6, 2012

Ganchos

Yesterday I bought 1100 coathangers for about $200.  Good price?  I think so, but how should I know.  Who has ever bought 1100 at one time before?

However, I just want to tell you that the Lord is in the details.  We went to a store in San Pedro Sula where I was looking at coathangers for the clothing store we’re going to start.  I was just running my mouth about things in Spanish to a friend who was with us when this guy from behind interrupts me.  He had overheard our conversation and wanted to share some advice.  He owns a laundrymat and knew all the places in town to get the best deals on hangers and shelves and manikins and everything.  He went back to his office and emailed me maps to all those places so I wouldn’t get lost.  What?!?  He is awesome.  And he saved us tons of money.

Then we get to the store in the market that sells the hangers and I start talking to the guy about what we’re doing working with single moms, wanting to help them become self-sustaining, etc.  So they knock $50 off the price of our hangers.  Again… what?!?

I’m not a good networker.  I don’t ask for free stuff because I’m a missionary.  I was just talking.  But the Lord knew the timing was right both times and provided for us in two very tangible ways.  That’s amazing.  So thank the Lord for that!  Keep praying for us as we look for a safe place to rent and try to get the store up in running in the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment