Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Oh Spanish…

Some days I feel like I’m learning nothing.  Seriously nothing.

We all had a moment today in Grammer class where we wondered if the language the teacher was speaking was actually the same language we’ve been studying for the last six months.  In reality she was just asking us questions at the same speed that she would talk to her sister or friend… we’re just used to baby food Spanish, not real life steak and potatoes Spanish.  And this was the real thing. 

So after being overwhelmed by that, I needed a little encouragement.  So of course I subjected myself to a movie completely in Spanish.  But, to my surprise and great joy, I understood most of it!  This is a serious encouragement.  I found myself thinking back to the first movie that I saw in Spanish and I must admit, I understood only what the pictures were showing me, it may as well have been a silent film.  Today I laughed at jokes and translated lines for the girls sitting with me.  So I can say with confidence that “Tangled” is a pretty fun movie!

Maybe I’m learning something after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment