Saturday, January 22, 2011

A First

Anita is super patient.  Lesson of the day :)  And kids are patient too!

Today I got in the car with Anita and the guys to head up to Guizarros and work with the kids there.  On the way I found out that it was just going to be us today.  So Anita and I got assigned to the little ones.  And she handed the lesson over to me so that I could practice leading.  YAY!  And intimidating.  All at the same time.

Good thing I had the good ‘ole Jesus Storybook Bible with me in Spanish.  We read our Bible story about Moses, colored pictures of the plagues, and played duck, duck, goose.  The kids had fun.  And I had a great time!  Anita had to step in some, of course, but I got more confident knowing that I really could work with these kids and communicate with them.

Lessons learned… next week we’re wearing nametags.  And I’m bringing more paper to color on.  And I’m going to prepare in advance!  Sounds like a plan.  YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment