Wednesday, January 5, 2011

another repost

I have a thousand things I want to say.  But today I am in recovery mode.  I’ve been around people for almost a month straight with no break.  And although I’m an extrovert, everyone reaches their limit eventually :)  And I’m there.  I had a blast with the girls from home being here.  And after putting them on a plane this morning I crashed on the couch for a day of recovery and cleaning and laundry and emails.  And I just lack the brain power to really process what the last couple weeks have been.

So, I’m stealing someone else’s blogpost.  I feel this woman’s pain exactly and I’ve only been on the field for 6 months.  But going back to NC in December I felt like a fish out of water for the first week.  My pants were too short, I was wearing socks with shoes that are not to be worn with socks (or so I was told!), I didn’t respond appropriately always to questions people asked me, I spoke Spanish to the people in Dallas and the nice woman at Target, and the list goes on.  But this woman says it better than I ever could!  Enjoy!

http://www.theveryworstmissionary.com/2010/12/missionaryishness.html

No comments:

Post a Comment