Thursday, August 19, 2010

Vacation part 1

Many thanks to the Hawkes family who let me be a part of their family as they took me with them on some of their wild Costa Rican adventures!  Here’s a little pictoral taste of our time together…

DSCF1680

Carolyn and I are zip-lining over the rainforest canopy in Monteverde.  In Monteverde we also toured the cheese factory and went horseback riding.  Evelyn got really brave and rode by herself!

 

 

 

IMG_6026

 

IMG_6149Then we went to Manuel Antonio to the beach and the national park.  We saw sloths, birds, monkeys, lizards, and even a porcupine.  We also went white water rafting.  And Allen made a pretty awesome natural shelter from the rain.

 

 

 

IMG_6189

DSCF1839

DSCF1830

RIO NARANJO 017

    

IMG_5990A couple favorite trip memories…

1. The little boy who saw a huge lizard on the beach and asked the two teenage girls sunbathing… “Is that YOUR iguana?”  Umm… no.

2. The guy in the green shirt.  I think he was following me.  Seriously.  He stood next to my seat for 5 hours to Monteverde on the public bus, almost falling into my lap.  Then he was in our zip lining group, we saw him drive past us while we were walking, and we saw him at a restaurant.  It was a little creepy.

Thanks so much Hawkes family for letting me be a part of our family and vacation!  You were such an encouragement to me.  I loved seeing you!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) I don't know what that is in the fifth picture from the top... but it is nnn-ot cute.
    2) Such fun pictures... love that you and Carolyn went ZIP-LINING across the canopy (read: entire universe)!
    3) Is that a picture of the "first" sloth, or did you see ANOTHER one? If this is sloth "number two," I'm even more mad than I was the first time.
    4) Sounds like you're making some preeeetty good progress with the scavenger hunt. How 'bout it?!
    5) Love the Hawkes, and love YOU, and loved seeing the pictures from a few of your adventures... well, except for that buck-toothed "beauty" in the fifth picture. HA!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, okay. I'm feeling a little bad about the bluntness of my comment regarding the "creature" in the fifth picture. Maybe by "nnn-ot cute," I actually meant "so ugly, he's cute." Not sure. Still thinking on it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. so fun! what a precious family. :)

    ReplyDelete