Thursday, August 5, 2010

Elephant Project

Finished!  YAY!

Checklist for today…
1. Present in Spanish for 5 minutes about elefantes (check)
2. Take a ridiculously hard grammer test on past tense (check)
3. Lead worship in chapel (check)
4. Crash when you get home (check)

I want you all to know that elephants exhibit emotions most similar to humans.  Pretty cool, huh?

Also I wanted to share the verses I shared in chapel this morning…
Psalm 130:5-6
I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
       and in his word I put my hope. 
My soul waits for the Lord
       more than watchmen wait for the morning,
       more than watchmen wait for the morning.


If I was a watchmen, I would be pretty anxious for that shift change to come in the morning as I was propping my eyes up trying to stay alert.  In the same way, the Psalmist longs to be with the Lord.  I want to long for the Lord that way…

Psalm 84:1-2
How lovely is your dwelling place,
       O LORD Almighty!
My soul yearns, even faints,
       for the courts of the LORD;
       my heart and my flesh cry out
       for the living God.

No comments:

Post a Comment