Friday, August 6, 2010

So thankful…

I am so thankful to be going on break from school starting tomorrow!  I know, its only been two months.  But my brain is totally on overload!  And I’m not leaving Spanish, just class every day.  I really think I need the break.  But it is really amazing to look back to 8 weeks ago and see how much I’ve learned!

So… this is life for the next two weeks before school starts:
1. Tomorrow please pray for me as I say goodbye to most of my friends here from the summer program that I’ve been in
2. Tomorrow night I meet up with the Hawkes family in Monteverde… YAY!  I can’t wait :)  I’ll be vacationing with them until next Wednesday.  What a HUGE blessing!
3. Next Wednesday my mom and dad and brother fly in!  I CANNOT wait to see them and introduce them to my life here.  I really am excited to share it with them.  My host mom is excited to meet them and is cooking us special Tico food for dinner the night they arrive :)  My mom is trying to extend her stay for awhile after my dad and brother leave, but we’re having trouble with the airline.  So please pray for that.  I would really love to have her here longer!
4. I have a “little brother” family coming in on the 18th of August and another on the 23rd.  I’m helping people who won’t be here pick up their families as well.  And I’m so excited to meet our new students.  Its hard to believe that was me not that long ago and now I’m going to be the Costan Rican expert.  Awesome seeing as how I’m still asking questions all the time… :)

All that to say, I will not be blogging much.  Please pray for really good time for me in God’s Word that I will be refreshed.  Pray for lots of chances to practice Spanish.

And I also wanted to share this request from my team.  We are building a ministry center in Armenia Bonito and are asking for prayer and any financial support you feel led to offer.  Click here to read my team leader’s blog about how God is furthering our team and ministry in Honduras.

Adios everyone!  More to come in a few weeks…

1 comment:

  1. Shannon,

    I just caught up on your blog - I am so encouraged by all of your entries...they show what the Lord is teaching you and it's just encouraging :). But I just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you and miss you like crazy but what you're doing is SO exciting and the Lord is going to/is already using you and using this experience to teach you new things. Thank you for being so willing to go to a foreign country and share the gospel - its a hard job and a trying time but its so worth it!!! Anyway, I love you and sorry for writing a novel on your post.

    p.s. I love projects too and it made me giggle to see how excited you were!!!!!

    Love,
    Candice Furlough

    ReplyDelete