Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day PDE Style

That's right, they are all on the 4-wheeler!  Don't worry... we didn't actually drive the babies around :)  These pictures are from Carolina's birthday party, but I just love them because without planning it they all ended up posing on the 4-wheeler with their babies.  These moms are just so special to me.  They are doing the work of mom and dad and fighting to do the best by their kids.  They have their moments of course where I wonder how in the world they are going to make it... but the Lord is always working!

Last night after church I picked up pizza to take back to the house and celebrate with them.  I had bought little presents for the kids to give their moms, but only J is actually old enough to understand giving presents.  W cried and pitched a fit when I took the body splash out of his hands to give to his mom :)  Hmm... gotta work on the giving skills.

It was just a sweet time of getting to pray with and for them, thank the Lord for what He is doing in their lives, beg him for wisom and to keep teaching and growing them, and to just love on them a little bit.

I have realized over the last few months how much I lean on my husband when it comes to the kids and how overwhelming it would be to think about raising kids as a single mom.  It has definitely pushed me to pray for them more and more!

Happy Mother's Day to these three special moms!


No comments:

Post a Comment