Friday, May 17, 2013

A look back

Recently Rebecca sent me an email that said this...

I was cleaning out my email and deleting stuff and I found this email from you.  I don't even know why you sent it to me but there was an email from feb 2011 with a document attatched titled "home for young single moms" It was your plan and basic "outline" of PDE. It was just so beautiful to read through it and see what the Lord has made a reality in just 2 short years.  
I am so thankful for you and your faithfulness to listen to his calling on your life.  As I grieve the loss of you being a close-by-living-life-together  friend, I am so thankful for the time we had and the enormous blessing you were in my relationship with the Lord.  Thank you for all you have taught me and I pray the Lord would continue to use you in the lives of those around you now.  Here is a little excerpt: 
"There is one thing for sure… I will not have all the answers before I try it and fall on my face a couple of times. I am already sure that there will be someone who abandons their baby with us. There will be someone who quits and goes back to the street because it’s just too hard. There will be girls that we have to kick out because they aren’t holding up their end of the deal. It will fail sometimes. But if it succeeds with one girl it’s worth it to me."
Wow.  What an blessing of an email this was.  What a sweet reminder that the Lord is in charge of this ministry.  And oh, we have fallen on our face, I have felt in over my head, we have had a girl who left because it was too hard, mental illness, and a baby who needed foster care.  I wasn´t far off in my looking ahead.  But in the Lord´s goodness, there are three girls who are succeeding in the program, learning about Jesus, and learning how to be moms.  Praise Him for that!  What a sweet blessing.  And what a great reminder that it is worth it.  Its not about numbers or success, but about seeing the Lord change hearts and lives and families and futures and eternities.  

So thanks Rebecca for the good reminder :)




No comments:

Post a Comment