Sunday, September 9, 2012

Wall around me

I read this article this morning from John Piper… its called “What to do if you Wake up Feeling Fragile”.

http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/what-to-do-if-you-wake-up-feeling-fragile

Well, sometimes I wake up feeling fragile, and overwhelmed, and like there are just about 8 things too many that need to get done.  And sometimes, okay often, I trade sweet time in the morning with Jesus for making to-do lists and shoving down breakfast before I’m out the door again.  And sometimes I fear that I won’t be enough and that I’ll let people down and that somehow my human mistakes will ruin God’s plan.  And some days I just don’t feel all that close to the Lord.

And this morning I read this…

To which God says in Zechariah 2:5, “I will be to her a wall of fire all around, declares the Lord.” Yes. That’s it. That is the promise. The “I will” of God. That is what I need. And if it is true for the vulnerable villages of Jerusalem, it is true for me a child of God. God will be a “wall of fire all around me.” Yes. He will. He has been. And he will be.

And it gets better. Inside that fiery wall of protection he says, “And I will be the glory in her midst.” God is never content to give us the protection of his fire; he will give us pleasure of his presence.

He is protecting me.  He is running my life, not me.  And, more than anything, He is with me in the middle of it all giving me the pleasure of His presence.  Now I need to learn to rest, to enjoy being with the Lord, to really step out in faith and trust in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment