Wednesday, September 26, 2012

This is what happens…

when I don’t blog for awhile.

I just have too much to say.  But I actually have time this morning to sit down for an hour and think about life and blogging and what I would want to tell those to care about our ministry here in La Ceiba.

The Lord is good!  That is the resounding theme.

The girls are doing so well.  I am feeling way less overwhelmed.  Not that there is less to do, but maybe I’m learning just a mustard seed worth of trust.  I am working on a fund-raising trip for November because we are getting near the red-zone need-wise.  I’ll be in the NC/SC area and hope to get to see some of you who read this blog in person!  I am really just thankful for the peace that the Lord has given me and the ability to delegate some jobs and not feel guilty about that.  And our new intern Jennifer is wonderful!  She is not with us all the time, but a few afternoons a one full day a week.  I could not ask for better help.  She’s been going English with the girls, helping get the school set up, playing with babies, and so much more.

The store continues to move along at a snail’s pace.  Although now that we have clothes hung up and a sign outside people are stopping in all the time because they think we’re open.  We’re not.  And won’t be… maybe forever :)  Just kidding… it will be next week I think, but when 10 people are asking me when, it feels like forever!

And I just started thinking about the girls this week and how far they have come.  They discipline their own children, for the most part, in a Godly and loving way.  They read the Bible and ask questions and want to know more about the Lord.  They get sad when we don’t have our Bible study times.  They do their own grocery shopping (remember when every shopping trip included an emotional meltdown?  I do.)  They go to school on their own and come home and wash dishes and clothes and help cook dinner.  They are involved in a small group at church and have volunteered to do childcare during some services.  They have friends and are busy and are genuinely fun to be around.  And I love it.  And some days I just can’t believe that this is my job :)

The Lord has done so much work in them.  I cannot take any credit for it.  I do the wrong thing all the time.  Don’t listen enough, forget to pay the phone bill because I didn’t understand the text message, discipline the wrong kid, forget to let the moms be moms, forget to bring over the food money, get our priorities mixed up, and so much more… but God is faithful and in the midst of my failures and our inadequacies, he is doing something really awesome in these girls.  I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment