Saturday, September 15, 2012

Ever So Slowly

This week had some rough “Honduras” days in it.  To be fair, I am positive that I had these kinds of days when I lived in the states too… they just seemed to happen with less frequency.  There are just some days when nothing goes right and everything seems to take hours or days or weeks longer than it should.  My overwhelming feeling by Friday afternoon was that everything is just going so slowly.  I have to focus on what HAS happened, not all the things that are still to do… otherwise I will get way to overwhelmed and frustrated.

The biggest thing right now is the store.  We’ve moved everything in, bought fans, chairs, etc.  But this week we went to clean and they hadn’t turned the water on yet.  Then we finally got the contract signed, went to turn on the electricity and needed 7 things that we don’t have.  Went to the bank to get my name on the store account and were there for almost two hours.  So slowly…

But the Lord’s timing is good, better than mine.  And we are taking steps forward, slow as they may be… we have a signed contract, we can go this week and start sorting clothes (be it without fans and lights!), and we have water now!  So… I’m learning to stop making start dates in my own mind, to stop trying to have a plan, and just to trust that God knows what we need more than I do.  But, it is HARD.  I told Mike this week that sometime I just want to plan something, do it, and have it be easy.  Is that too much to ask? :)  But what do you learn in that?  I guess nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment