Saturday, September 8, 2012

Bible Studies

This week I started a book study with each of the girls…

C and I are reading through The Passion of Jesus Christ by John Piper and Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis.

Y and I are reading Lies Young Women Believe  by Nancy Leigh DeMoss.

Thanks for those who sent these books down for us with the Peace Church team!  They are such great resources and the girls are going to learn so much!

image

It makes me laugh that both of the girls prefer for me to read out loud than to read themselves.  I’m sorry…. have you ever heard me read C.S. Lewis in Spanish?  Or John Piper language like propitiation?  Laughable.  But they are patient and pay attention and I’m learning as I read.  So, we’ll take it :)

Mostly I was just really encouraged as I sat down individually with each of them this week that they are learning and growing and really do know Jesus better now than they did in January of this year.  They are hungry to know more of the Lord, they ask questions, ask for Godly advice, and spend time personally with the Lord.  I am blown away that in the midst of the business and sometimes hectic mess that I feel like is our life, God is doing something amazing in each of their hearts.  He is changing them to be more like Jesus.  In that, He is also equipping them to be better moms who show Jesus to their kids.  I was talking to Y yesterday about the difference in how she treats J now versus when she first came to us.  Its amazing how much the Lord has grown her and changed her and given her ever-increasing love and patience for her little girl.  Its still a process, for sure, but isn’t that sanctification?  The Lord is working and I trust that every day He is whittling away a little more at their pride, anger issues, insecurities, and fears.  I love getting to watch it firsthand!

No comments:

Post a Comment