Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Good news

Yesterday morning I was so nervous.  We drove the 6-7 hour drive to Tegucigalpa to pick up our sweet girl from the program she has been in for about 20 days.  They had told me she was better, but they couldn’t tell me anything medical and I quite honestly didn’t believe them.  I just had so much fear that things would be just the same as when we dropped her off 3 weeks ago.

But the Lord is a healer and He is full of goodness and grace.  I entered the hospital to find a girl with a huge smile on her face, overjoyed to see us, and SO ready to leave :)  She is taking medicine, responding well, not having any really bad side effects.  She has a diagnosis and its not nearly as serious as what we first thought.  She hated being there and I think will do anything in her power to not have to go back, which means I think she’s really going to do her part to get better.  The doctor there was really great, I couldn’t believe how well he seemed to know and understand her after such a short time.  He was really helpful and I think will continue to support us as we need him.  We got back last night to big hugs from everyone and a baby who was SOOO excited to see his mom!

We have a follow-up visit with a doctor here tomorrow, so just pray that we will be able to get everyone on the same page with her treatment and that she will continue to improve.

On another note of things I’m thankful for…
1. The car made it all the way there and back after a rough start overheating an hour outside of La Ceiba
2. They let Lesther go back to talk to the doctor with me because I could not understand everything the fast talking doctor was saying
3. Sweet friend Nikki from language school who let us stay with her for the night
4. Tegucigalpa has cinnabon, chilis, and walmart!
5. Constant reminders that the Lord is good and that nothing is a surprise to Him.  This is His ministry and these are His girls, He loves them way more than I do and walks with me as I learn how to be His hands and feet to them.

1 comment: