Saturday, June 16, 2012

Behind

I find it impossible to catch up in the blogging world once I’ve missed it for awhile.  So I don’t even really try.  But this week I wanted to share just a few really neat moments and thank yous.

1. Short-term teams… I’m not spending much time with short-term teams this year b/c of the nature of my ministry.  But this week we had a few doctors here, one of whom is a surgeon.  It was a huge blessing b/c little E had a big infected welt on his face that was getting worse and worse.  Instead of having to sit all day at the clinic we went and had hot dogs and got treated right there at the dorms.  It was terrible to hold him down while he screamed, but a little slice, some antibiotics, and a few days later, he is doing awesome!  So thanks short-term teams for all that you do :)

2. Mixed up Ministries… Kate already wrote a blog post about this, but I just loved this day.  Wednesday I was staying at PDE with the girls and Kate and Jansen came by to visit.  One of the street boys stopped by to get a haircut from Y, C was in the kitchen making tortillas for the short-term team, and all of our ministries were just all mixed up.  But I love it.  I love that the Lord keeps showing us how this all fits together.

3. The store… we may actually get a used clothing store one of these days.  We were waiting for some paperwork that I finally got this week and got translated to send to MTW.  Hopefully we are close to getting the funds released to get started! 

I will say… this past month has been a costly one for us with hospital stays, a trip to Tegucigalpa, expensive medicine, etc.  So if you want to make a donation, please do!  The MTW donation page is here.  And the code is 92413.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment