Saturday, March 19, 2011

A night out…

Last night I stayed with the Messick boys so Kristy and Matt could get a night away.  It was so fun!  We played memory, went to the park, watched Emperor’s New Groove (which is my favorite all-time kids movie), ate pizza, made crafts, just had a good time!  But I also pulled out my camera, so I wanted to share some favorite pictures from the weekend!  This is such a special family to me!  Too bad Taylah missed out on picture time…

3 little monkeys!

IMG_9860

Little Elijah.  I love this little guy.  He loves helping, especially with cooking, he always says yerz instead of your, and he always wears his pants backwards (as you can see from picture 1 :) ).  I feel like I speak Spanish exactly the way he speaks English.  Sometimes he starts a train of thought and can’t finish it, so he switches mid-sentence to say it a completely different way.  I totally do that!

IMG_9778

IMG_9881

IMG_9882

IMG_9888

Micah is a constant leaner.  I love that about him.  He loves to try out his new Spanish words these days and is constantly asking what things mean in Spanish and English.  He doesn’t miss anything!  He is a rule-follower to the core, but always wants to know why.  He makes me laugh with his simple matter-of-fact statements.

IMG_9870

IMG_9875

IMG_9874

And this is Jonah, the leader of the pack!  Today he sang with me while reading along in Spanish!  I could not believe it.  The kid is still learning to read in English and is rapidly surpassing me in his Spanish skills.  He loves playing “kick” (aka soccer) and just being a monkey in general. 

IMG_9867

IMG_9847

IMG_9877

No comments:

Post a Comment